Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Rotten Rabbit

We have a new visitor. NOT our usual stray wild cat but a cute, fuzzy bunny. 

Apparently our new guest is especially partial to tiger lily buds. Jen's have not yet bloomed PLUS she'd set out a bowl of chopped fresh veg . This caller has specific needs. Our new friend needed tiger lily buds or nothing at all.

Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall.
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall,
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call.
Call Alice

Shady politician in my bed
Tying bolts of lightning to his head
Call me Rabbit Fighter you know its true
'Cause babe I'll Rabbit fight all over you

Two differnt tunes – Jefferson airplane and T. Rex. Yes, I'm old. So What!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I promised some good news: as you are becoming aware sometime shortly after you went under the stray cats disappeared. At first, because I have seen a coyote (pronounced kai.yote) out here three times, maybe saw two once, that the coyotes had got 'em but it never did feel quite right. It's out of character, if you wish, coyote's not like humans: kill everything even if you don't need it. And then there's the wabbits. Though their population six weeks ago seemed out of the ordinary to me that's no good indicator, I've only lived here two winters, and the population has since been declining about as I would expect with a couple coyotes around. And they hunt in the open (such as it is) - they won't come up between the houses. Our wabbit has found a safe space, should name him Snowflake. As to the strays, because they all disappeared within a day or so of each other, my feeling now is they were trapped, by a human. I hope they went to a shelter.

    The answer is never the answer, what's really interesting is the mystery ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the strays. The rabbits aren't anywhere near as friendly. Also, I bet the coyotes would like the Fancy Feast if they'd just try it (instead of the rabbits and cats).

      Delete