Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beyond The Sea

Lava Fields on the approach to the lagoon
I've all the energy of a squid three weeks off it's levoxyl (little known fact' -- squid are just lethargic, oily masses of flesh when they're off their thyroid meds. True fact!!! No, fer reals and everything!).

Before I head up to the boudoir de paix et réserve, where sleepy cats (possibly that's redundant) lurk and this week's novel, (This Is Your Captain Speaking by Jonathan Methven -- that's seriously his last name, poor bastid), awaits, I want to show you what Jen and I did on the way from Reykjavik to the airport.

More lava -- WILD!!!
a small section of heaven
The Blue Lagoon -- I'd never been to a spa before and, boyhowdy, do I want to go back! Our flight home to Boston didn't leave until 5 P.M. so we had time to stop in for a swim and soak in the huge geothermal pool. Conveniently, it's located between Reykjavik and the airport.

The air temp was about 45 degrees Farenheit, the mineral rich water temp was around 100 and it was HEAVEN! We floated, we did a little sidestroke, a bit of butterfly and dog paddle and then we sat. We became supremely content, happy vegetables. (I was an eggplant and Jen, an asparagus stalk. of course).

They've got a hotel there too. Just imagine -- a weekend away from it all. Massages, restorative, healing water, crazy ragged landscape, sushi and Pinot Noir for 2 solid days.

I'm quite sure my bones would melt but they'd enjoy the process. Must start saving for Bone Melt Weekend now!

Blue Lagoon Live Webcam here (and how cool is that!?)

National Geographic vid on the joint here.


No comments:

Post a Comment