Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

It's Been a Long, Long Day

This song brings me back to my first year out on the road with the carnival. It had just come out and, with my constant nagging and whining over the jumps from one spot to the next, the driver always let me pop in the 8 track (sigh. yes, 8 track).

It's also a good song for illustrating my week, not just today.
When I see him standing there
I said, “Hey, there’s a guy who needs a laugh”
That’s what I said to myself


What the hell, we’re both alone
And I’m just standing here
Jukebox in the corner
Shooting to kill


And it’s been a …

It’s been a long, long day

I sure could use a friend
Don’t know what else to say
I hate to abuse an old cliché
But it’s been a long, long day
It’s been a long, long day
 Mr. Paul Simon -- here with the amazing Steve Gadd



No comments:

Post a Comment