Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Books, Cats and Haiku Blogging

Beauty Queen Coco
This is Coco's idea of helping me make the bed
Greta, Rocco and Gaston all showed up at once for brekkie this morning. OOF!
End of the week and I couldn’t be more brain dead on a bet. Seriously.

This past mess of days have been SUCH a mental wasteland for me that I read Mur Lafferty’s The Shambling Guide to New York City AND The Queen is Dead (The Immortal Empire series) by Kate Locke.

Yup, we’re talkin’ prodigious amounts of escapism but, ya know, some weeks are like that.

Those two books were precisely what I needed but now it’s time to move on to something slightly more ambitious than these cotton-candy-with-chocolate-sprinkles-for-the-mind piffles. *sigh* On the top of my READ ME NEXT pile is Brando Skyhorse’s The Madonnas of Echo Park, Neal Stephenson’s Reamde and The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi.

Hell, I’m wealthy with reading options!

Meanwhile, Happy Cat Friday!

Cat Haikus from Twitter:
Thank you, dear captor
for this new floor length scratch mat. 
Or 'carpet', to you.

Dear captor human. 
I have left you a present. 
Enjoy your wet bed.
Haikus from Catster
Cocooned in blankets
Cruel truth descends upon me
You're making the bed

Your head is quite small
Tell me why I cannot have
Most of your pillow
Superstition by Marin Sorescu
My cat washes 

with her left paw,

there will be another war.
The Cat’s Song by Marge Piercy
You feed me, I try to feed you, we are friends,
says the cat, although I am more equal than you.

Snippets from Margaret Atwood's book Cat's Eye:
“I knew what love was supposed to be: obsession with undertones of nausea. ”

“Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.”

“Hatred would have been easier. With hatred, I would have known what to do. Hatred is clear, metallic, one-handed, unwavering; unlike love.”

“Potential has a shelf life.”
And Cat Songs!
Tom Jones -- What’s New Pussycat 
My mother had the hots for Tom Jones BIG TIME. At the same time that I found this funny as all hell, I totally understood the attraction.
Stray Cats -- Stray Cat Strut
David Bowie - Cat People (Putting Out Fire) 


Happy Friday! Felice Venerdì! Fröhlich Freitag! and a big ol' Mutlu Cuma!

No comments:

Post a Comment