Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Commute of the Damned

I had to drive into Boston yesterday. It’s an 18 mile trek which, took me approximately 45 minutes when motoring in at 1:30 PM.

Coming home at 4:00 PM was a whole ‘nother ball game. An hour and a half. Yup. Those very same 18 miles took 90 minutes to traverse. Mind, that’s in humid beyond belief, 90+ degree (Fahrenheit) weather. AND my AC’s crapped out AND the damn engine warning light’s on again.


Plus, I was the poor soul behind the wheel and I HATE driving.


If I wasn’t tense enough lately, boyhowdy, that surely put me over the top. Man, I was all kinds of Quentin Tarantino-y cranky when I finally stepped outta that car.

Thank Kali I don’t have to do this every damned day anymore. My current commute? IF I need to be in the office (versus working from home AKA Heaven, AKA Valhalla) it’s a 25-30 minute trike ride OR a 5 minute drive.

Meantime, I def need to start shopping around for a car. Quandary time. I don’t have the buckos for a brandy new one (no matter how cheap) and, after so many years of ancient, in-the-shop-almost-as-much-as-a-new-Jag beaters, I really can’t feature getting another used one. Maybe I could lease one? I’ve never done the leasing thing before so, if anyone out there has info, opinions, knowledge, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment