Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Here Comes the Sun

It's a fine day for poetry, pics and a few interesting quotes from people who fascinate me. Don'cha think?
All pics were taken by me, here on the Neck.

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Guillaume Apollinaire

Dreams
Hold fast to dreams

For if dreams die

Life is a broken-winged bird

That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams

For when dreams go

Life is a barren field

Frozen with snow.

Langston Hughes

Across
Across these miles I wish you well.

May nothing haunt your heart but sleep.

May you not sense what I don't tell.

May you not dream, or doubt, or weep.

May what my pen this peaceless day

Writes on this page not reach your view

Till its deferred print lets you say
It speaks to someone else than you.

Vikram Seth
 
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see

Mark Twain


Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.

Charles Bukowski

I've Got a Golden Ticket (the entire poem at this link)
I never thought my life could be

Anything but catastrophe
But suddenly
I begin to see
A bit of good luck for me



'Cause I've got a golden ticket

I've got a golden twinkle in my eye
................

I never dreamed that I would climb
Over the moon in ecstasy
But nevertheless, it's there that I'm
Shortly about to be

'Cause I've got a golden ticket
I've got a golden chance to make my way
And with a golden ticket, it's a golden day

Roald Dahl


Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Carrie Fisher

Here Comes the Sun -- The Beatles (written by George Harrison)

No comments:

Post a Comment