Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Angst Fail

Hard week here in Valhalla by the Sea.

Not a bad week. No meteors came crashing though the canopy. Monster werewolves and serial killer foxes did NOT gobble up our herd of cat. There were no frekazoid, giant blizzard/ice storms.

In fact, while a bit rainy, the weather’s been fab. Temps in the thirties (!!!) each morning -- I got to lay on the porch with Rocco while he schmoozed me up something fierce. That and the snow and ice has mostly melted off all the sidewalks --  I’ve been able to trike again. Thank Bast.

No one’s died. Family and friends are all doing grand.

So...what up?

Eh, I think I’ve got those old It’s-January-I-miss-my-shorts-I-miss-the-sun Blues. A trip to Jamaica isn't in the cards so What To Do, What To Do!? (that phrase is elegantly, awesome when signed, by the way)

I believe it’s time for an art trip. The Peabody Essex Museum is having some interesting shows
I’ve never visited this particular art emporium. It’s up in Salem, a cool little town just an hour away.  I’ve not been there in forever and a half.

Sounds like a plan.
You know, people speak in poetry all the time. They just don't realize it. 
Sherman Alexie
I don’t want life to imitate art. I want life to BE art.
Carrie Fisher
Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.
Charles Bukowski

A Patch of Old Snow
There's a patch of old snow in a corner

That I should have guessed

Was a blow-away paper the rain

Had brought to rest.


It is speckled with grime as if

Small print overspread it,

The news of a day I've forgotten --

If I ever read it.
Robert Frost

I failed angst in high school. They let me graduate anyway.
John Scalzi

No comments:

Post a Comment