Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Beautiful Girl

That beautiful girl would be my new granddaughter Olivia. Oh yes it would.

This is our fourth gorgeous grand. The Amazing Bob and I clearly won the stunning little sweeties sweepstakes! 

Olivia Marie Grant was born yesterday evening at 7:29 pm. She weighed in at a wonderfully healthy 9 pounds, 1 ounce.

Now I have this damn song stuck in my head:
On the day that you were born the angels got together

And decided to create a dream come true

So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair
etc, etc., blah, blah, sigh
Yeah, that'd be The Carpenters and Close to You. Don't click on the link unless you're a masochist. Why did I provide that connection if it's so wretched? Hey, I gotta suffer, we ALL gotta suffer!
But wait! Lennon's Beautiful Boy just chased Karen and Richard clean outta my skull. Yea!
Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monsters gone,
He's on the run and your daddy's here,

Oh man! The old internal turntable is so hot it's sizzling today—Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely" just zapped into my head.

Awesome, I do believe I'll go close my eyes and listen to the tunes spinning in my head. Cheers!
Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love


No comments:

Post a Comment