Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

Blabber and Smoke

Hey, it’s FRIIIIIIIDAY and about goddamned time too!

I’ve been all discombobulated for most of this week. Lessee now, I believe I’ll blame the grands. Why? Em...their stratospherically high energy?

OK OK OK, maybe my addled state has more to do with the weather being off it’s bipolar disorder meds. Ya know, in the 50s one day, the teens the next. SNOW and then beach weather.

Sheesh, it’s enough to make a gal wanna run off and join a Borg collective. I don’t think they ever get cold. And yeah, I’ve been watching too much Star Trek this week. The Amazing Bob put his foot down--tonight we’ll watch Monty Python instead. Wonder if there’re any space ships in that...
-----
Meanwhile in Catland, Rocco’s got a new shtick. Whenever the other boys (Gaston and Gus) are around, our former feral sits at the front door, nose to the glass, as though he’s waiting to be let in. Naturally, I hold the door for him but, to date, he just backpedals and heads back into one of his many houses.

I think he’s letting G & G know that he totes could go in if, ya know, he wanted to--establishing his ownership with authority and all. He’s letting them know that they’re getting brekkie purely due to his amazing altruism.

Yup, that’s our man.
-----
I’ve finally begun working on our taxes. Dunno why but this shit exhausts me. I don’t want to miss even the weensiest of possible deductions but I’m so colossally disorganized that pulling all the receipts together and having them straight up categorized is a difficulty on par with the Labors of Hercules--all of ‘em. At the same time!

Every year I swear that I’ll be better, methodical, anal even. I’m 55 and it’s not happened yet. I CAN do this and I WILL!

-----
The Green Miles’ (TAB’s fabola son) wonderful wife Bethanie is due to drop their first sprog in 10 days. TEN days!

What’s the proper protocol for Evil Step Mothers (that’d be moi, thenkyew very much) in situations like this? I so want to do the right thing. How soon can I borrow the bairn and commence with spoiling her rotten? When can I introduce her to the glory and wonders of Roald Dahl, Clement Hurd, Theodor Seuss Geisel and Maurice Sendak? Is day three too early for jalapeño/spinach pancakes? TAB makes killah pancakes.
----
I really want to trike to work today. It’s sunny and the temp will reach 40º YEAH! But it’s just 15º right now. I’d be an icicle by the time I reached Granite.

‘scuse me, I gotta go pout now.

Blabber and Smoke--Captain Beefheart

No comments:

Post a Comment