Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Oh Look!

Our angelic Coco
Rocco, lost in thought
It's Friday — you know what this means, don'cha? I do believe that means it's time for our herd (horde) 'o' cat to make an appearance.

One day I was counting the cats and I absent-mindedly counted myself.
~ Bobbie Ann Mason
To a Cat

Cat! who has pass'd thy grand climacteric,
How many mice and rats hast in thy days
Destroy'd? How many tit-bits stolen? Gaze
With those bright languid segments green, and
prick
Those velvet ears - but prythee do not stick
Thy latent talons in me - and tell me all thy frays,
Of fish and mice, and rats and tender chick;
Nay, look not down, nor lick thy dainty wrists, -
For all the wheezy asthma - and for all
Thy tail's tip is nick'd off - and though the fists
Of many a maid have given thee many a maul,
Still is thy fur as when the lists
In youth thou enter'dst on glass-bottled wall.
They stand at the door chatting, flirting, ignoring
*******
 I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

Skitter
Time spent with a cat is never wasted.
Thelma

No matter how much the cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.

May 4, 1985. I am packing for a short trip to New York to discuss the cat book with Brion. In the front room where the kittens are kept, Calico Jane is nursing one black kitten. I pick up my Tourister. It seems heavy. I look inside and there are her other four kittens.

"Take care of my babies. Take them with you wherever you go.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment