Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I've Got to Admit It's Getting Better

 Or so it seems!

Last night I woke around midnight with hot flashes so extreme that I almost, ALMOST went outside to stand in the freezing rain.

Instead I came downstairs and played Words with Friends. Out of the corner of my eye, I spied a black flash of fur.

Yes, our feral warrior boy Rocco, was up from the basement to use the litter box. Now, lately, he even sprints away when he sees me. ME, his servant, his main waitress! In that first hour of this morning though, he stayed put.

I slowly walked toward him, not wanting to freak him out. I wanted to check out how bad his back looked — he hasn't been down from the rafters since early Monday (at least not when anyone's been around). Jen found a vet in Newton (why isn't there one in Quincy willing to make house calls?) who's agreed to drive down here to check out our manly yet painfully timid feline. BUT, the vet very gruffly told her, "I don't want to drive all the way to Quincy if he's gonna be hiding."

SHEESH! He'll be in the low rafters of our basement. I can't pull his wild butt down outta there but surely a vet, someone who specializes in small animals, can handle this!

Jen replied that'd she'd call the dude back and tell him to vet up and get down here!

I love Jen.

In any case, Rocco let me get up close and personal early this morning. In fact he was back to his old lovey-dovey, schmooze-y fella, pat-me-more-MORE self. Wow. I took the opportunity to check out the oozey sores on his back.

Waddya know, there's ONLY ONE SMALL PATCH left! He's healing! His back, while not all ducky better, looks significantly better than on Monday morning. Maybe all the rafter time has been the feral equivalent of taking a month by the sea for the restorative salt air?

Our ferocious, cowardly lion survived those massive head wounds of two summers past and now he's getting past the scary infection or whatever it was.

While he seems to be magic, I think maybe I'll keep that vet appointment. Meantime, I'm in Happy Dance City!
I've got to admit it's getting better (Better)
A little better all the time (It can't get more worse)
I have to admit it's getting better (Better)
It's getting better since you've been mine

Getting BetterThe Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment