Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Comfort Zone

After
Before adjusting to indoor life
It should come as no feckin’ surprise to me or anyone else that Rocco, who sleeps with us every night now and, in fact, can be found sitting or napping in bed all damn day, has established our bed as his domain.

Yes, our long time former feral, our erstwhile timid Sargent Rock has gotten all comfy. Pushy and proprietary even. Last night he even swatted me one "bitch, you just rolled over onto my tail and I had it all fluffed just right, too. MOVE over!" And I did.

He's also discovered how best to wake me. A soft nudge? A gentle push to my shoulder? Nope. Like Coco, he leaps on top of my mid-section with all of his 500 pounds (a cat's weight in the early hours of the morning is bizarrely, preternaturally greater than at noon. There's a Harvard study or something, somewhere proving this. Maybe). Effective. Very effective.

Also too, I only mention it but I think this 14 year old boy has grown. Swear to Bast he's taking up WAY more space than he used to.

To A Cat

Cat! who has pass'd thy grand climacteric,
How many mice and rats hast in thy days
Destroy'd? How many tit-bits stolen? Gaze
With those bright languid segments green, and
prick
Those velvet ears - but prythee do not stick
Thy latent talons in me - and tell me all thy frays,
Of fish and mice, and rats and tender chick;
Nay, look not down, nor lick thy dainty wrists, -
For all the wheezy asthma - and for all
Thy tail's tip is nick'd off - and though the fists
Of many a maid have given thee many a maul,
Still is thy fur as when the lists
In youth thou enter'dst on glass-bottled wall.
~John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment