Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Stone Cat

I rarely wear my glasses inside the house unless I’m downstairs in the studio, painting. Why? Dunno. Maybe it’s the softer, Monet-ish focus that appeals?

In any case, the other morning, after Gaston had had his brekkie and moved on, I spied a creature sitting on the the bench next to the grill. Without my specs I couldn’t be certain that it was Ghost Cat (of whom no photos exist because he’s fast. He sees a human and *ZIP* he’s gone. He’s a ghost) but maybe, maybe it was our phantom feline. I’d caught a glimpse of him on the porch earlier and he of me so...*ZIP*...he split and didn’t get his most important meal of the day.

I fixed another plate of kibble and Friskies and brought it out. I called to Ghost Cat and, shockingly, he didn’t flee. I cajoled and otherwise attempted to tempt him porch-wise with the big plate of Ocean Fish in Sauce. No dice. Ghost Cat, or whoever, was NOT moving.

Stone cats who are NOT hungry
I came inside, figuring, he’ll come when he’s sure I’m gone. I waited. An hour later I checked and, stunningly, the cat was still sitting in the exact same place, in precisely the same position.

‘the hell?

I put on my glasses then and took another look. Oopsie, this new creature was one of Jen and Oni’s stone cat garden sculptures. OOF! I’d been calling a statue to breakfast, for all the neighborhood to hear.
A) No wonder I’ve a Crazy Cat Lady rep.
B) Gotta remember to put my glasses in the AM

No comments:

Post a Comment