Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

An Important PSA

Just FYI and shit, keeping a cat locked up in the bedroom all night ensures a near complete eight hour shift of no rest for the wicked. Yeah, that'd be me and don't do it. Rilly!

How's this work? Why's this?

I had the bestest of intentions, see. I brought Coco up to the bedroom late yesterday afternoon so that she wouldn’t be stressed out by all our company. While Coco can be a sociable thing, she really likes the house to have a stone mellow vibe. It’s what she’s used to. That and she alone holds the household Manic Zoom Fairy title and she’s not keen on sharing that with the five visiting children, thenkyewveddy much! Five (count ‘em five) active, energetic pre-teens is just a wee bit too much competition and excitement for my princess.

I understand.
I brought her food and litter box up, of course, and figured we were all set. Yes but no. Unable to zip and rocket freely around the house in the the dark hours, she decided to keep me company. ALL NIGHT. Sounds way cozy, no? No. It was fine for an hour as I read in bed but then it was lights off and time for me to fetal up. Our girl was not ready to abandon her lap. Nope, she was having none of that but...but I gotta roll over on my side now shit.

For a delicate little thing, she can be formidably persuasive. OK, that and I’m a total cat doormat but you knew that already.

Eventually she allowed me to curl up (yes, I know – SUCH a good feline overlord! I swear she’s bucking for Bast’s gig). Naturally she climbed up top – better view up there, don’cha know.

I got an hour or two of shuteye before Coco decided, that’s enough wench. It’s time to wakey-wakey the fuck up! Why so insistent? One sniff told the tale. Precious had taken a giant dump and considered it essential to be as far away from the box as possible. Me too, for that matter. Her sweet kitten poops could take out whole battalions.

This is a classic story of the friendship between humans and cats. Yes. I got in a lie right from the start!
~ Hiro Mashima, Fairy Tail, Vol. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment