Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Connection

Am I ever anything but exhausted lately? I slept, get this, 12 hours last night! I know, I know, that ultra fast trip to see Poppy, with the hour and a half flight time and two+ hour drive from airport to his home is a killah. More so with him not in great shape (WORRY!) and me unable to be there 24/7 to hover (shut up, hovering IS too salubrious!), fuss and cosset.

That's a smile I'm rockin' – REALLY!
Yup, that’s my primo super-villain Guilt Woman talking. I just can’t shake her.

Earlier this AM, I checked in with him via text and he’s doing ‘not so bad.’ GOOD!

Text messaging on the tinyphone isn’t so easy for him (understatement alert) – he has big hands and his digits don’t fly like Baryshnikov anymore. I want and NEED to keep in contact with him though!

Way back when I first lost my hearing, a new thing came out – captioned telephones. Fer example, Daddy could call me and just talk, NOT text, and a screen on my end would automatically show what he’s said. Cool? YES, so very, very way fucking cool. At that time though, 13 years ago, the service wasn’t available in Massachusetts. Also, I’d need a landline and we didn’t have the money for one. Things have changed and, I just checked the Captel website, it IS available here now AND, though I’d still have to pay for landline phone service, I could get the fancy caption screen phone itself at no charge.

On a quick perusal I found TWO MORE companies who offer this service/make captioned phones – ClearCaptions and CaptionCall. Choices I HAVE CHOICES!

This could be earth shatteringly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment