Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2018

How’s Your Boy Been

I've got nothing to say but it's okay
Good morning, good morning

Good Morning, Good Morning – Beatles

OK, I lied, I do have a few things to say – don’t I always?

We’ve got a new visitor here at Bob and Donna’s Famous Valhalla Diner. He/she looks like a calico who's been put through the wash a zillion too many times. Possibly with bleach on the hot cycle.

Like all our guests, Silver (as in Hi Ho!) zips off the porch the second I even think of cracking open the door. Umlaut doesn't do this anymore. It dawned on him that I’m not the scary old monster his parents warned him about. Still, where IS Umlaut – no sign of him yesterday or, so far, today. Worry, worry, fuss, fuss.

Coco and Skitter have been enormously picky vis-à-vis food lately. WARUM I ask you! I dish up some fine slop here, as does Jen. WHAT is with the disdainful sniffs? Possibly the very slowly changing season is inspiring delusional cravings.
Blindingly fresh caviar served on the finest Dresden China whilst people watching at Café Bohème on the Côte d’Azur, please. 
Yeah, dream on kittens. OK, apart from the caviar, I suppose that dream’s mine. So...emmm...nevermind.

AND I’m making progress, (GLACIALLY but, nonetheless, it's forward movement), in Musicville.

My beloved Beach Boy neuro-otolaryngologist hooked me up with a physical therapist at MEEI’s Facial Nerve Center. This morning, Jen’s gonna call to set up my appointment. I’m gonna hit that first meeting running. I'll go with flute and pics of proper embouchre in hand to show her what I need, not just want, to attain.

I am beyond psyched!

In Cello Land, I’ve found, on line, a joint in the next town over where I could take lessons. First, I’m gonna email them to see if someone will play a few bars for me (while my hands are on the instrument’s body) so’s I can see if I can feel it. I’ve also found The Boston Cello Quartet. IF I can feel the sound, I am SO going to their next concert down in Falmouth!

If I can’t? A friend suggested the electric bass. OH BAYBEE, I know I could feel that! Always good to have a beautiful fallback position.

And finally, in the land of the clay pine cones I’m continuing with the basement/ex-painting studio purge. At this point, it looks like, I could be throwing bowls and plates as early as next week.

Oh and the sun's out today. Finally. YEA!!!

2 comments:

  1. Any post that starts with a Beatles song is a win with me, then it got better! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh RIGHT – it's Friday! Time to start happy dancing.

      Delete