Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Arbeit City

It’s a gorgeous morning here in Valhalla and tomorrow’s supposed to be every bit as stellarly awesome too. BUT I’m to the wall with charity gala layout/design work this weekend.

The downside of freelance – I gig when the jobs wend there way to me through the ethernet. This ain't no 9-5.

This morning,  before downloading the latest raft of files that I need to fix, wow-up and insert, I took a wee scramble on our rocky beach. The perfume of low tide and fresh cut grass, the low slant of the gleaming sunlight, the gulls wheeling by – too fab. This is the most brilliant time of year here.

Maybe, if I finish everything today and can get my lazy ass outta bed at 4AM, I’ll drive down to Nantasket for a dawn stroll tomorrow. That is the bestest, most peaceful time of day there.

Meanwhile, I gots to dive back into the pixel mines.

Cheers!

She works hard for the money
So hard for it, honey
She works hard for the money
So you better treat her right
She Works Hard for the Money ~ Donna Summer

And we be taking care of business (every day)
Taking care of business (every way)
We be been taking care of business (it's all mine)
Taking care of business and working overtime
Takin’ Care of Business ~ Bachman Turner Overdrive

That's the sound of the men working on the chain ga-a-ang
That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang
Chain Gang ~ Sam Cooke

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
No, I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them
They sing while you slave and I just get bored
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
Maggie’s Farm ~ Bob Dylan

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you’re so clever and classless and free
But you’re still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be
A working class hero is something to be
Working Class Hero ~ John Lennon

I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don't want to play
I just want to bang on the drum all day
Bang on the Drum All Day ~ Todd Rundgren

No comments:

Post a Comment