Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Here Comes the Flood

and stranded starfish have no place to hide.

I'll take doofusosity for eleventy-gazillion Alex

Yesterday morning at 5AM, I went next door to feed Skitter.  Afterward I rinsed dishes and tins in the sink and, with the water still running, got distracted and walked away.

Walked away and left for an appointment in town. I didn't return until 5PM when it was time to give Skitter her evening meal.

Yup, the water ran ALL day and I flooded Jen and Oni's house. In a total batshit panic, I texted Paula (friend and employer) and Andrea (next door neighbor). Both arrived in short order with spouses, pumps and shop vacs. They bailed me out.

Jesus Surfing KEE-RIST, I feel like a total smash-brained wombat!

I don't know if there's any permanent damage but Paula, who knows about these things, doesn't think so. We'll see. 'scuse me, I'm gonna go beat myself up some more.

Here, have some more of J&O's gorgeous holiday pics.
This is Bullwinkle (of course). Jen sez he's skinny dipping. //blush//

No comments:

Post a Comment