Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Awake and Undead

Vampire – Edvard Munch
I dreamed that I was beset by vampires.

Me and a bunch of other perfectly innocent blood bags were in some castle-like building NOT expecting a vampiric infestation. Of course. I dream in stereotypes – last night anyway.

Now then, these weren’t the sexy bloodsuckers of  the sort featured in The Hunger or Interview with the Vampire. Nope. This was more like Buffy where the vamps started out looking all normal but once they got on the hunt, they went all Nosferatu (who never had good, sexy, handsome days or even moments – poor thing).

So, me and my buds are exploring this castle-like joint where we’re constantly attacked by these rude, toothy motherfuckers. No fucking fun. How’d I respond to these assholes? By grabbing their faces and pushing my thumbs into their eyes to the point of total gelatinous. ‘splody destruction.

Yeah, EWWWWWWWWWWW!

What’s this got to do with anything? Is it related at all to yesterday’s not so fun, looks-like-a-surgery-year news? Eh, I can’t imagine how. Seems much more related to the current, demon riddled state of our country and my imagination’s solution. I couldn’t just dream of giant Blue Waves knocking out Republican domination?! No. Too easy.

In any case, the dream gave me an idea for my upcoming recoveries (more eye surgery on Tuesday and then, the potential/likely spine slicing). No, I won’t be poking out Republican eyes with extreme prejudice. I WILL hit up the beautiful, local Thomas Crane Public Library and take out some of the funny, interesting and just flat out fabulous flicks on this handy dandy Esquire list: The 20 Best Vampire Movies, Ranked.
 
AND, by the by, I’ve got my appointment with the new FRENCH (!) cutter all set up. I meet him tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM. Glad I could get hooked up so fast. Waiting to meet a surgeon is NOT the kind of anticipation I’m keen on.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I've seen more vampire movies than I thought I had. Looking at the best-of list, I've seen and loved Werner Herzog's "Nosferatu," enjoyed the novel approach of "From Dusk 'Til Dawn," and appreciated that Tom Waits was in Francis Ford Coppola's take on "Dracula."

    Your health things don't sound like they could be resolved with blood loss or two holes in your neck, so it was probably unrelated. But you never know for sure, do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved From Dusk til Dawn and, for all it's cheesy glory, The Lost Boys. There're a bunch on that list that I haven't seen, like: What We Do In the Shadows, Blade, Near Dark and the Roman Polanski one. They look like fun.

      My neurologit's cutting edge but I don't believe mondo blood loss and holes in my neck are on his prescription list. YET!

      Delete