Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2019

In The Woods

Ten and I tried a new route to Caroline's Cannabis down in Uxbridge yesterday and got kinda lost. Poor man never loses his bearings but, now that he's living with me...my talent for accidentally going astray seems to be contagious.

It was a beautiful day for it. The trees were all wearing their summer finery, there were gorgeous flowers in full bloom AND it wasn't painfully, oppressively sunny. Good motoring weather.

Now then, as much as I love my seaside cottage, I fantasize about a cabin in a forest, jam packed with towering oaks, chestnuts and maples. There'd be teams of magnificent spruce and pines too. I'm not looking to relocate BUT, if I was Romney rich I'd have a home in a happy dense forest.

This new way to Uxbridge took us through cute, untouristed towns and down lanes absolutely, magnificently rich with trees. We had pulled over to get our bearings (WHERE are we?) when I spied this sign.

Had the woods grown up and around an old, outdated advert? Had the sign fallen off a truck on its way to some in-town location. Was the hoarding only meant for elves, fairies and other forest dwellers? I really wanted to hike in and get a closer look. Was there a phone number that would lead to smart, slick rentals in the Hundred Acre Wood?

 So, I'm back to fantasizing about being a recluse, buying an old one room schoolhouse (SUCH a great studio this would be!!!), in the middle of nowhere, on the side of a mountain, surrounded by a mega-ton of tall trees. Realistically, I'd make a crap hermit AND I must consider Ten's wants and needs (only fair since we'd be co-hermits and all. HEY, that's a thing, right? "co-hermiting" Right!?).

This summer we'll motor up to the White Mountains and into Vermont's Green ones. Ya know, have a look see and get more fuel for the old imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment