Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Day Uno

I’m awake no earlier than usual but it feels WAY more early. Warum? I gotta be coffee-ed up, showered, dressed and out the door by six bloody AM.  Today’s my first day of four in a row at BostonSight. This is the joint where they’ll be doing the  fitting, measuring and crafting of my prosthetic cornea. After they do all this fun stuff, the real good times start. They’ll teach me how to pop this baby in and out each day and how to clean it.

I was never a good student. I’m not a dimwit BUT, in a classroom sitch, I kinda freeze up. Is this knee-jerk antagonism feelings toward authority figures. Could be!

On this very first day, Ten and I are leaving mega early. We just don’t know what kind of traffic we’ll run into and want to arrive as unstressed and chill as possible. We're also bringing books just in case of we find ourselves in time killing positions. With my appointments scheduled to run all day, every day for four solid 9-5 days, this seems likely.

Aren’t we the smart, plan-ahead doobies!?

Dunno how present I’ll be here this week. BUT, fer fuck’s sake, I blogged through The Amazing Bob’s death AND my hospital stay after my November back surgery so I sorta doubt I’ll be completely MIA. Ya know?

'scuse me now – I gotta go commit acts of hygiene.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Prosthetic cornea.

    Best of luck with that. I don't even want to think about it, actually, but I'm still cheering you on with it.

    ReplyDelete