Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Stuff and Nonsense

Yesterday was a grand day. Sunny, temps in the 70s and, huzzah, I found out that I’ve completely paid off my car loan. Bix is ALL mine now! I’ve been paying the loan so damn long that I’d lost track of its end point. I ONLY discovered my lapse in car loan bite because, on balancing the checkbook, I saw that I’d not paid the bill since February. *GASP* and  *PANIC* Will Bix be repoed now?

Nope. I had Ten call the dealership. They put my frenzied mind ecstatically at ease.

Ya know what this means? I have a little extra space in my monthly budget. I don’t gotta sweat the small stuff quite as much. HUZZAH! How will I spend this totes unanticipated mini jackpot? On other bills, no doubt. *sigh*

This is Pumpkin. He often comes 'round at the same early hour as Umlaut. My black mini panther was a no show this morning so Pump had first dibs on the brekkie banquet. Immediately afterward our new VERY shy, grey striped visitor showed up. We’ve named him IO. No, he doesn’t resemble his namesake at all. I just liked the name.
The other, less camera shy Io

On the way home yesterday, Ten and I passed this building. I’ve long admired its big-ass windows. It’s now gutted and being condoized. Of course.

Seems to me EVERY new damn condo, including this one, is described as luxurious. That adjective’s thrown around like popcorn at a matinee showing of the latest Star Wars. WHAT, I gotta know, WHAT and WHO defines what’s luxury and what ain’t? The word’s used so promiscuously that, to me, it’s nothing but a punchline. 

Throw the adjective luxury in and the sellers can add more zeroes to the end of the price.

This particular luxury building, on top of the uszh mod cons, will have a fitness center and a rooftop sky lounge (with a flat out lurvly view of the traffic on 93 south). 100 Shawmut is at the ass end of the South End – an area which used to be home only to the homeless and artists living in defunct factory buildings. In the last few years though, half a dozen beautiful, tall buildings have risen. I guess the money men have marked this as the new, NEW cool investment neighborhood.
Question: do all the hip imagineers from The Innovation District – formerly the seedy Boston waterfront – live down here now?
 Now then, what would make a joint serious luxury for me?
A) an Endless Pool RIGHT IN THE APARTMENT
B) a hot tub RIGHT IN THE APARTMENT
C) floor to ceiling windows with a view of:
      1.  the ocean (duh)
      2.  a large, dense forest of old, tall trees
      3.  mountains
D) breakfast cooked for me each morning by an awesomely creative, handsome master chef.
E) ALL of the above
 I don’t have A or B (but the Y’s just a short bus ride away) and my windows may not be floor to ceiling BUT I’ve a fabola view of our sweet, island strewn bay as well as some handsome tall trees. I also have a tremendously creative, handsome master chef cooking me an astounding breakfast each and every morning. Yup. Ten. He’s a mega talented stunner!

What would make a place luxurious for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment