Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2019

Whoa!

It’s FRIDAY! After today I’ve the whole weekend off from these full days spent at the eye doc’s. YEA!

I got a royal shock yesterday. They wanted me to take my lens home with me. I was to go home, set up my Lens Pop In/Pop Out station and do the deed (correctly!) withOUT medical supervision! Ten would be there to help though. They trained him on what to look for in an improperly popped in lens and shit. Still, I was mega nervous. I felt unready.

I know this feeling well. If I waited until I felt ready, I’d never do anything. I’d stay in my bed all day with Princess Coco. Yes, I would.

So, I agreed to take the PROSE lens and accompanying kit home last night. Jump into the fire and shit. (Yes it's true, my life has an interesting soundtrack) It took me three trys to get the lens out – in the doc office, I always removed it first time, smoothly. No prob. Nerves. Nerves get in the way.

In an hour Ten’s going to stand by – provide emotional support, cheerleading and assessments – while I pop this sucker in. What did I do before this wonderful man was in my damn life?!

By the by, Needham Heights, where Boston Sight is located, is a lovely little town. LOADS of trees. It’s home to a FAB bagel joint too – Cafe Fresh Bagels. Seriously – if you find yourself in Needham, stop in for a quick dozen. In my not-so-humble opinion they’re every bit as good as Kupel’s in Brookline.

The town’s also home to some odd bits – like this dog grooming pizza parlor. OK, MAYBE it’s two separate businesses who simply occupy the same building. Still, it made me wonder about possible pet hair pizzas. EWWWWWW!

OK, time to face my fears and go put the lens in. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment