Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Our House

...is a very, very, very fine house with two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you
Crosby, Stills and Nash

Well shit’s still challenging BUT it’s a damn sight less scary and painful with Ten by my side.

Coco too.

From his old home in Oregon, Ten brought a single bed, a futon. He put it on the porch for the cats (specifically Umlaut) to sleep on. Ya know, a man who’ll move a futon cross-country for cats he’s not even met yet, is TOTALLY my kind of man.

I woke at zero dark thirty consumed with worries. About what? Whaddya got?

Coco came to my rescue. She leaped onto my chest, with purr engines cranked to 11, reminding me to do some deep breathing exercises. It worked – I eventually drifted back into the Land of Nod. Coco’s such a smart beastie!

I’m attempting to find a path, a way to get through the horrorshow that’s steamrolled our country. You know, with a few shreds of joie de vivre intact and shit. Hillel suggests I take a break from reading the news.

That's a good start. Maybe I’ll even sleep a solid eight too. I’m gonna have to start paying Coco overtime soon.