Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Bean Easement

I had another motherfucking near sleepless night and I blame my wonk-ass left eye. If it weren't for me being so fond of the whole vision thing (especially with the sound system all banjaxed and shit), I'd think about inviting ol' leftie to take a hike.

OK no. Not fair. It’s actually my stress and anxiety over the very real chance that I’ll lose this problem child that's keeping me out of Morpheus' embrace. That goddamn cornea scratch is healing at a pre-global warming glacial pace (IF it IS actually healing – I sure as hell can’t judge this). I imagine Ten must be pretty weary of me asking "is it less red today?” I’m guessing that he hears that, on average, once an hour…at least. My vision will return to my usual abby-normal state only after the red goes bye-bye.

I need a new way to ease my bean. I can’t do many more of these slumber-free nights

Here’s a thought, I could start a painting of my “front yard,” fer instance. But only as it appears from my left eye. I can see light and color – could be very impressionistic. I wanna take advantage of this different perspective while I’ve got it.

Who knows? One way or another – whether the old orb survives or no –
couple weeks from now this could all be just an annoying, let’s-not-do-THAT-again memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment