Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Beautiful Day


Yesterday was gorgeous. Abso-fucking stunning. The sun was bright and shiny and the temp got up to a whopping 61ยบ AND I had actual, real energy. OK, to be completely baldfaced truthful, I was antsy as hell.

Ten and I went for a couple walks, I painted, knit, read and had an actual, (tiny) design/layout job (work…HUZZAH!). Cool but I just canNOT wait for the Y to reopen so’s I can get back on the damn elliptical. I realize that’s, most likely, not gonna happen before mid-June at best. This gives me a big fucking sad. OF COURSE.

I NEED a way to burn off my intense, agitata riddled disquietude. Walkies are nice BUT not zoomy enough and I don’t have the equilibrium chops for running.

I feel like I’m finally together enough – mentally and physically – to trike though. Ever since The Amazing Bob left this world, I’ve been too damn distracted and jangled to ride (which is how I ended up at the Y).

Naturally and annoyingly, one of my trike tires is flat. Until that’s repaired I’m earthbound.


Gottverdammt.

 
Why, oh WHY, do I have such intense, agitata riddled disquietude? Emmm, look around. There’s the Trump Plague ON TOP OF the Orange Menace’s usual, S.O.P., blindingly obscene, malevolent incompetence. Add to that, Clownstick von Blobfishface’s party of astoundingly cretinous, greedheaded, dumbfuckian, suck-up Republi/Fascists.

Those of us who are able to survive all this will be very lucky.

Oh yeah and then there’s all the other basic worries of life. Can I pay all  my bills this month? Is that damn family of meningiomas living on my spine gaining weight and in need of removal? How’s me Da and when will I see him again? Will friend Franny dump her dangerous beau and get her life back together? Will I always be a seizure-risk and will my bod ever start producing its own cortisol again?

Worry, worry, fuss, fuss, whine, kvetch, angst!

Passover begins tomorrow evening. Given that our very own 45 inflamed, 21st century plague is near peak here in Massachusetts, Pesach’s a bit on the nose.

IF we make it through this, future observances will include Pinot Noir, Ten’s brill quiche, roasted Brussel sprouts and recitations from the Book of Fauci.


U2 – Beautiful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment