Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Take the Money

Selfie by the awesome axeman himself, Mister Bob Ray
A post about those stimulus checks from my fab friend Bob Ray. By the by, mine was direct deposited into my credit union checking account last night. I did NOT have to see that preening, horror show peacock's piss-scribbled mark. Yea.
~~~
I’m seeing posts from some people who are feeling conflicted about about accepting a check from Donald Trump. Not surprisingly, I have some thoughts about this.

It’s your money. The government runs on your money. If they decide to give some of it back to you, take it. You already earned it. Take it. If you’re lucky enough to still be working, and if you really don’t think you need it, take it anyway. Take it and donate it to something or someone you believe in. Take it. Take it and use it to make someone’s life easier during these horrible hard times.

I used to be a limo driver. Most of the people I drove were despicable. Awful people. Rude, loud, selfish, terrible people. I could tell you stories. But I sat in the drivers seat, drove them around, held the door for them, woke their drunk asses up in their driveways to tell them they were home, and I straight hated every minute of it. But at the end of the night, they tipped me. It was the fastest way to get cash out of their rotten greedy pockets and into mine. And I took it.

If it really bothers you that Donnie insisted on putting his signature on the check, calm down. This was his only chance to sign a check that won’t bounce.

It’s all he’s got.
~~~
Also too, read this – it's a collection of seven debunked stimulus myths plus explanations from CNBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment