Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Jumbles

Ya know what? I think it MIGHT be time to put this T-shirt in the rag pile.

The Amazing Bob and I always wore clothing until they were falling off of us. Why? Were we THAT poor? No – it’s just that when you work in a print shop and your social life consists of playing baseball (TAB) or going to punk bars to catch the latest band (me) wearing slick and/or non-tattered togs is not really a thing.

After TAB took the last train to the coast, I gave away his clothes that were still in standard good shape. I kept the items with special meaning. I picked up this T 20+years ago when Jen and I were at a jazz club in Prague. The act we caught was, sadly unimpressive – Kenny G.-ish but I was really just there to snatch him a souvenir from our trip.
~~~

Grasshopper
A once a decade craving.
2020 so far:
What’s next – predatory chameleon boa constrictor telepaths? They invade our minds, make us believe they’re cute fluffy lap cats and THEN they open wide, unhinge their jaws and devour us whole. The mind control snakes travel in packs and are most attracted to closely packed crowds of maskless fools. Yeah, I’m safe.
~~~
Some interesting words, courtesy of Hillel:

Bafflegab
noun
incomprehensible or pretentious language, especially bureaucratic jargon.

Gene was so pathetically insecure and socially clueless that he could turn the simplest concept into utter bafflegab.




Blatherskite
noun
a person who talks at great length without making much sense.

The Tangerine Cockwomble would have to work hard and really focus to achieve blatherskite-dom.


Bumfuzzle 
verb
to confuse or fluster.

The Republi/Fascists strive to bumfuzzle naïve voters into casting their ballots for griftering despots.
Snollygoster
noun

a shrewd, unprincipled person, especially a politician.
Under this entry in the dictionary is a pic of Moscow Mitch.
Muffuletta
noun
A sandwich made with round Italian bread and filled usually with cold cuts, cheese, and olive salad.

I’d like to order a muffuletta but hold the cold cuts and olive salad, please. OK, I guess I don’t want a muffuletta – just a soy cheddar cheese sammich with spinach leaves and a fat tomato slice. Thenks!
Funambulist
noun
a tightrope walker.

How can you tell if I’ve become suicidal? I will have moved to Tsovkra-1 in the Russian republic of Dagestan so that I might study to be a funambulist. Yeah, no thanks.





Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment