Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Primaries and Bats

Progressive Senator Ed Markey crushed the fuck out of that weasel Seth Moulton in the primary yesterday here in Massachusetts. Thank fuck!

Markey’s old but he’s in favor of and working for a Green New Deal and universal single-payer healthcare system. Moulton is not. Also too …

… shortly before Tuesday’s primary election apologized for saying that he did not want his daughters “getting run over on a playing field by a male or formerly male athlete” – comments made after Trump beat Harris in the 2024 election in part by vowing to curb transgender rights. (source)
Random Edward Gorey bat
His full statement was “I have two little girls. I don’t want them getting run over on a playing field by a male or formerly male athlete, but as a Democrat I’m supposed to be afraid to say that.

How absolutely Fetterman-esque of him. If it’s so discomfiting, so embarrassing to be a Democrat in Massachusetts, young(ish) Seth can switch parties – become a Republican. He can do that in January 2027 when his gig as a U.S. House Rep ends. Granted, it's highly unlikely he'd ever hold office in this state again. Maybe he could move to New Hampshire. I hear they still elect the odd Republican there.

By the by, his “apology” was one of those NON-apology apologies. You know, sorry to “anyone hurt by those comments.” What a skeeze.

Moulton spent $7.1 million on ads which, from what I understand, were all about Markey’s age versus Seth's positions and accomplishments (does he have any? I mean, being younger isn't an achievement. Hells bells, I'm younger than Ed!). Online, all Moulton’s supporters could do, beyond harping on age, was yap about some of Markey’s less than progressive positions from MORE THAN 30 YEARS AGO (which he has evolved out of thenkyewveddymuch!).

Jesus, desperate much?

This will undoubtedly be Markey’s last term. I’m hoping there are a bunch of energetic progressives in the wings since Elizabeth Warren’s not getting any younger either. I wanna see Ayanna Pressley as senator. Maybe Mayor Michelle Wu, Lindsay Sabadosa, Erika Uyterhoeven or Danillo Sena?

Another random Gorey bat

One wicked bummer in yesterday's primary – I’m disappointed, to say the very least, that the progressive candidate for my district's rep to the House, Patrick Roath, did NOT win over incumbent Stephen Lynch. Lynch is a supposed moderate but he voted against the Affordable Care Act. What an asshole!

This will be Lynch’s 14th term. He doesn't believe we should all have healthcare – only those who can pay can stay healthy and amongst the living, I guess. Thanks dude. Which other rights does he want to erode? Women’s bodily autonomy? Marriage equality? Does he want to bring back segregation? Does he, perhaps, think that residents of his district don't deserve parasite-free food and water?

Now that the primary is over all I want to do is watch teevee (Stranger Things! Good Girls! G.L.O.W.! Star Trek!), snarf snacks, and read the next Murderbot installment. Of course.

More Gorey bats

No comments:

Post a Comment