Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Love In a Time of Text Messages

Text message exchange from last night:

Me: You just bought me a gorgeous new ring and DAMN you have serious fine taste!

TAB: Well, as long as it wasn’t a bathtub ring, I’m happy.

Me: It’s a pale green tourmaline in a tall bezel, matte sterling. Looks absolutely perfect with the wedding band. It’s exactly what I needed today, thank you!

TAB: My pleasure. I’ve always hoped to get you a ring made of complex crystalline silicate, containing aluminum and boron.

Me: Wonder how that would look on a white stoneware body in an oxidation environment.

TAB: Well, as long as they don’t spare the radish nostrils or Anglican tri-ossifites, it’s OK with me.

Me: Never wear Anglican Relish Nostrils before Labor Day. Rock solid rule to live by.

TAB: Yes it is and one more silly reason that I love you.

See now this, THIS, is why, nearly 26 years on, Bob and I are still:

1) a hot item
2) the cutest damned couple this side of the Charles
3) stuck with each other
4) happy as:
               a) pigs in shit (but it's French shit so it's classy shit. K?)
               b) clams at low tide (with a lemon infused white sauce. of course.)
               c) CAKE! didn’t someone mention cake?
5) All of the above

If you answered “5” you would be correct. Johnny, tell them about their delightful parting gifts! What, no gifts? Well, there will always be fresh baked Bob cookies so stick around.

Communication -- it's the name of the game. TAB and I speak the same language. God help you all, there's two of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment