Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2012

They Say It's Your Birthday

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time

Hey, it’s my birthday so I’m gonna spend the evening doing celebratory type stuff! Jen and Oni are grilling pizza, The Amazing Bob™is making me a carrot/spinach cake (because spinach makes everything just that much more yummy AND it makes me feel less guilty about indulging in Bob's astounding confection creations!) and I think there may be a specially crafted margarita or two.

I started the day at 5 AM with a rainy walk on Nantasket Beach at low tide.  Oh sure, it may look all moody grey with a side of bleak BUT a dawn boogie down a long, empty, (except for seagulls and the odd surfer or two), stretch of sandy shoreline is unbeatable. Even if the sun’s sleeping in.

The smells and color, the peacefulness, the feel of the surf on my ankles, that happy surprise when I find the absolute coolest Abalone shell --  AMAZING!

See y’all tomorrow when I’m officially older than dirt.

Birthday -- Beatles on Saville Road


No comments:

Post a Comment