Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Kerouac Night

Poetry and quotes

and maybe they can be the same thing.

From On The Road
Jack Kerouac
They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" ________________________________________________________________

All of life is a foreign country.

_________________________________________

Bus East

Society has good intentions Bureaucracy is like a friend

5 years ago - other furies other losses -

America's 

trying to control the uncontrollable Forest fires, Vice



The essential smile In the essential sleep Of the children Of the essential mind



I'm 

all thru playing the American 

Now I'm going to live a good quiet life



The

world should be built for foot walkers



Oily 

rivers Of spiney Nevady



I 

am Jake Cake 

Rake 

Write like Blake



The rest at the link. Go. Read. Read!
__________________________________________________________________

Maybe that's what life is... a wink of the eye and winking stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment