Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

Cats and Oz Friday

We had another demonically deranged storm here yesterday.
Wreck of the Hesperus -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Colder and louder blew the wind,
      A gale from the Northeast,
The snow fell hissing in the brine,
      And the billows frothed like yeast.
(more of the poem at the link)

At the ungodly hour of 4 AM when I attempted to step out onto the porch, on the off chance that either Rocco or Gaston was hungry and addled enough to come out of their respective lairs, the wind nearly yanked me free. I was THIS close to doing a Dorothy. I held onto the door fiercely though and managed to pull myself back inside.

Always alert Coco
Moments later, Coco fetched me -- herding me to the window. There was Rocco, scurrying under my work bench, to relative rain-free safety. Yes OF COURSE I braved the torrent again -- our feral boy was hungry.
Rocco being unusually mellow
Coco’s very good, persistent even, about alerting me when company arrives. Yup, she tapped me when Gaston showed up too.

This morning, apart from my trike brake being frozen solid (it thawed out in the sun, thank Kali!) you’d never suspect that, on Thursday, we were 6 steps east of Oz. Today is gorgeous beyond belief -- apart from the 30ยบ temps that is.
today's calm sea

Procol Harum -- Wreck of the Hesperus

No comments:

Post a Comment