Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dante's Trike

I haven't triked in 2 weeks now and I'm feeling it on the cellular level. There's now enough snow melted that I should be able to take a wee spin, even if just around my neighborhood. Yup, gotta suit up and pedal!

Meanwhile, my mind seems to be in Tuscany this morning. At left is the view from my friends Cynthia and Giovanni's house, back when they lived in a 13th century converted convent in San Casciano dei Bagni. At right -- the light coming through a glorious window at the Florence church of Santa Margherita de' Cerchi. AKA Dante's Church. AKA Romance Central. It's just down the street from Casa di Dante -- the museum of Dante Alighieri.

Dante who said: 
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain neutrality in times of moral crisis. 
Tell it, brother!




No comments:

Post a Comment