Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stopping By The Marsh On A Snowy Morning

Home, low tide
Edgewater Beach and Raccoon Island
The road to the marsh
SNOW DAY! Ya know what this means doncha? Yes indeedy, this means I was out just after sun up (OK, I didn't get to see the sun but I just know he's out there!) triking around the Neck.

Triking in snow is a bit more challenging.  Even though there wasn't much of it in the bike path type lanes, pedalling was slower. And the hills? They were a real joy from the grunt inspiring upward climb to the icy, oh-my-god-we're-gonna-die, hypersonic descent.

I've got the cold weather triking outfit down *ahem* cold now except for one thing. I've got to start wearing my winter boots. Two layers of socks, one being fleece, just isn't doing the job. I'm sick of post ride toecicles.

Know what else comes with a cold, grey, snowy day? Yup -- hot toddies and reading under a nice warm cat.  I just finished Tim Kreider's We Learn Nothing. Damn, he's one fine writer and cartoonist! I'm too late for the current book group selection, The Heretic's Daughter -- Kathleen Kent, so I'm off to the next books in the pile -- either The Universe in Miniature in Miniature by Patrick Somerville or The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost.

Or maybe I need something really, mega intellectually challenging today -- like Buffy. Yup, that seems to be today's winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment