Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Sunday Cat Report

Rocco’s been absent for eleven days now. Our feral, wonderful, surly, scaredy cat’s always appeared for breakfast, brunch, lunch and, often enough, dinner, even when he’s been rockin’ some heavy battle-of-the-century damage.

I was fretting about it on Facebook when he’d been MIA just four days.

Heike allowed that:
This is the time of year that the boys start looking for love, so that's probably what he's doing. Seems it was about this time last year that he disappeared for a bit. Sending positive thoughts.
ps: My boys, although neutered AND not allowed outside due to FIV, are spending more time at the windows watching the birds...and Cody tried to sneak out with the dogs a couple of times. There's definitely something in the air. Rocco is probably just being selfish - not thinking of his mom!
Michal, (AKA The Balm of Idaho) advised me:
Just remember my Charlie (the orange one) went on a walk-about for 2 months .... He came back looking sleek and sassy ... of course he wouldn't go outside for a year.
Patricia:
Definitely don't give up hope. My Livia disappeared for over a week once and then just sauntered up looking for food.
My nephew Noah:
A long time ago, Tigger went missing for a month and a half.
Cousin Albert:
Might have met a lady friend or just out hunting. Hope all is well.
and cousin Della:
Oh no! Praying to the cat fairies. 
Gaston
Greta Garbo
Coco, our cat overlord
I’m well beyond worry now. Sure, sure, he may just appear on the porch, all cozy in his cat cave today or tomorrow, giving me his fierce food demands. ‘I want my dinner now, woman, and it better be the good tuna -- not that Fancy Feast stuff!’

But maybe not. I'm wishing for miracles from the cat fairies and afraid to hope.

Rocco’s been visiting us ever since we moved in, a little over ten years ago. He was a lithe, ultra timid, young boy cat then. I’d lay down a line of treats, from the porch steps to the front door. He’d work his way up the path of Whisker Lickin’s and then dash off. Even way back then, there was no getting close to him though The Amazing Bob (AKA The Cat Whisperer) has gotten closer than any of us.

As time passed Rocco and I came to a workable arrangement -- as long as I didn’t try to pat him, he’d continue to sup at Chez Valhalla and grace the veranda with his unmistakable, manly, feline beauty.

Christ on catnip, I miss our little panther.

Meanwhile, Gaston is here for breakfast each morning. Greta too.

Gaston’s been showing some curiosity about life inside but that just can’t fly. Coco, our insecure little princess, needs to be an only cat.  We respect that. Of course -- she’s in charge after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment