Search This Blog

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Walrus Gumboot

Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience he stands waiting,
With exactness grinds he all.
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The croaking raven doth bellow for revenge.
   Hamlet (3.2.250) 

My ashes, as the phoenix, may bring forth
A bird that will revenge upon you all:
And in that hope I throw mine eyes to heaven,
Scorning whate'er you can afflict me with.
   3 Henry VI (1.4.35-8)

-- Shakespeare

There is pleasure in the pathless woods.

The heart will break, but broken live on.
-- Lord Byron

mercy is a gift
often sought, rarely deserved
revenge fills the gap
-- anonymous

Maybe that's what life is... a wink of the eye and winking stars.
-- Jack Kerouac

Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all other organisms.
-- Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky


Come Together -- Beatles (go to the link -- it's seriously beautiful AND I can read Lennon's lips while he sings too! How astoundingly awesome is that? My brain fills in the tune that I can no longer hear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment