Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Down, Three To Go


Like the Twelve Labors of Hercules only, lucky me, I just have four...for now.

I had the first of this season’s 4 MRIs yesterday.

Undoubtedly I’ve whinged on, possibly endlessly, about my fear and loathing, my violent hatred of these things due to that flaming bit of claustrophobia I seem to have embroidered into my DNA.

Well, thanks to my fab-ola Doctor McKenna’s nurse, who gave me new meds and a fresh scheme for taking them, I made it through yesterday’s tube tarantella smoother than Michael Phelps sliding in and out of the pool after nailing the gold for the 200 meter Butterfly.

How’d I manage this? Well, in addition to the industrial strength calm me down drugs (which I began taking the evening before tube torture), there were a couple of exquisitely crafted Cosmos downed in the ultra calming atmosphere of the second floor lobby bar of The Liberty Hotel, conveniently located right next door to MGH.

My pal Paula was with me and we were talking marketing schemes for her printing company (Granite Print and, by the by, they ROCK!). Now, NOW my brain was jumping and percolating with ideas and all I wanted to do is lay down in the tube -- think, plan and imagine. Neat trick, huh?

In addition to this, I had scenes from Monday’s most fab trike ride in my brain to focus on. I found a path through a thin wooded area along the marshes -- it runs from The Neck all the way up to Germantown and beyond. It’s amazing. Quincy isn’t a small rural community AND it’s just one town south of Boston yet LOOK at this pastoral, sylvan, scene. The trail is, at least a couple of miles long.

Gorgeous and then throw in some mega stunning. Along with trying to come up with fun marketing plans, my mind was completely disconnected from my intense claustrophobia. OK, the meds plus two Cosmos gave me a great start too.

Yea me!



No comments:

Post a Comment