Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Health Crap Update: Clarified Minds

Bright babe that I am, I read through the notes that my fairy godsister, Paula, took on Friday while we were chatting with the awesome Ken Moore at Manet Community Health.

Waddya know -- all the paperwork was NOT due today. It's way excellent that I started the process though and didn't let panic transform me into Paperwork Procrastination Woman -- a super villain of course. That's my frenzied, stress mama modus operandi.

I stopped by to see Ken and got more info too. The man's tremendous -- like Valium personified. It helps, it truly does, that he's dressed casual (jeans) and has dreads down to his knees. Oh yeah and he's, seemingly, infinitely patient.

Today was great. The Amazing Bob was able to reschedule my myriad July appointments and tests (the docs all got back to him SAME DAY!). Ken gave me instructions on what to do next and, with serenity that would've made Ghandi green with envy, repeated it for me 12 times. This was needed NOT because of that deaf thing I'm rockin' -- no, no  it's my distinct inability to retain ANY new material when I'm dancing that Tension Tarantella.

So, it's not over yet but I do believe I've got a happy ending coming. For now, more deep breathing, more relaxation exercises and, quite possibly, a Cosmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment