Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Garlic and Labor

Dairy Freeze Art
Heading off to Hoosick Falls for a quick visit with my Helen and famiglia. She tells me there’s a garlic fest going on in Bennington this weekend. Mmmmmmmmm garlic.
The Brown's, including Juda the Mellow, and me


gratuitous Skitter pic
I hear tell this is some sort of big, symbolic, happiness-expiration-date three day weekend. The last hurrah before summer’s end, kids return to school, business’ back to way too overwhelmingly busy levels, traffic becomes 900 kinds of unadulterated hell once again and, worst of all, tragically, the Dairy Freeze will soon shut for the season.

So, happy Labor Day! I think it’s just swell that the U.S. honors all the women who’ve gone through the agony of childbirth with this day. What? A different kind of labor, you say?

Oh.

Happy Labor Day anyway.

See you Monday!
Working Class Hero -- John Lennon