Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Rocco Comes Around...again

'What?!'
Our very stoned, precious Gaston
Rocco’s new thing is to rub up against my legs.

This is VERY schmoozy behavior for our feral Porch King Warrior Beast. Knowing full well how much of a intimacy-phobe he is, I’ve tried not to make too much of a thing of this. After all, last time he forgot himself and was all ‘skritch behind my ear. OK, pat me, pat me, pat me, NOW he snapped back to feral mode faster than a 22 year old boy who’d just told his incontro fugace, his una botta e via that he loves her.
Monster Cute Gus (his full name)

At first I thought our fierce creature was doing this to show ownership. That is, he seemed to only do it when Gaston and/or Gus were around. I figured this was Feline Sign Language for ‘this food providing slave is MINE!

This morning though, with no one else in sight, Rocco went all cozy, lovey-dovey, pushover, sweetie pie on me. What could I do? I softly, slowly, gently patted him but only on the back not near his poor ragged head. He didn’t jump away or take a swipe at me either. Surprisingly.

Yeah, he got extra Whisker Lickin’s for that. Of course.
 Hey, anybody looking for a mega sweet, affectionate, gorgeous cat (or 2)? I'd like to find homes for Gus and Gaston before the cold weather arrives. If you're within a few hours of Boston, I'd be willing saddle up Bix and deliver. Neither is fixed, by the by. I'd bring them to the local shelter but I can't bear the thought of either being stuck in a cage.

Contact me at donna dot maderer at g mail dot com -- let's tawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment