Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Mini Vaca

 Jen and I are snatching a mini vaca from the jaws of work. She and I have been seriously brain fried and addle pated these last few months so there's been a spectacular dearth of planning.

Now, back when I was solo traveling that was my modus operandi. I'd book a flight, buy a Rough Guide or a Lonely Planet, which I'd begin to read on the flight to wherever. 

Why? You see, historically, I've always been a compulsive scheduler. I want, NEED to know what's gonna happen next. ALWAYS. 

The purposeful lack of itinerary making was my way of teaching myself how to live more in the now. It was a way to encourage me to be more aware of surroundings and opportunities.

On previous Jen and Donna Big Adventures there's often been more structure. Hotels booked and more reading done in advance -- minimal, not obsessive.

This trip...not so much and this is good. We're all about fluidity. Hell, the Atlantic is heavily structured by comparison.

Right now, we're in Brattleboro, Vermont. LOVE Brattleboro! We've talked of heading up to Montreal today or perhaps Montpelier. Someplace beginning with an M. Mozambique maybe? 

Gotta check the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment