Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hotter Than a Matchhead

Yeah, yeah, I know it's late autumn and we're headed into winter. It's 40° (Fahrenheit) here on the Neck this stunning morning. The herd 'o' cat's clamoring for MORE FOOD NOW, our down comforter's on the bed for the season and my trike ride to work's gonna be a chilly one -- I'll be moving fast to get warm not just to burn calories.

Cold weather is on us -- got it -- BUT Summer in the City's stuck in my head this morning AAAAND I'm liking it!

What else is hot here in Happy Town this morning?

My new, most meravigliosa and awesome++ Shadow May mug has arrived!

AND the ink on paper version of Kevin Tudish's book is here too! It's time to hit the post office so I can get these off to The Green Miles and Helen. I'm thinking this is a must read for marrieds with children. For that matter, married without children too. Why? It's not a How To by any means but Tudish's story (fable?) is so lightly, lyrically and amusingly told that it makes me think/wonder/ponder and all that.

So, naturally, I must share (push?).
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment