Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Almost Here

The Vernal Equinox is just 18 days away -- March 20th -- and all I can say is that me and the damn cats can’t fucking wait!

While the Midwest is due for more blizzard action and parts of the South will have ice storms, up here in jolly New England we’re expecting no more than a few light snow showers. Good. Solid. Awesome.

This past Friday, I had my first fall of the winter (and I was shocked that it came this late in the season). I was walking up a very busy section of Sea Street -- from Granite Print, my day gig, to Froggies for a post work adult bev with Jen. There were a few houses in a row where it appeared that the snow and ice hadn't been cleared all damn winter. Rush hour traffic was thick and whizzing past so marching along the side of the road wasn’t an option.

I was carefully picking my way over the ice ruts and furrows when *WHAM* my feet decided they needed to go all airborne. Luckily, I managed to land on my knees not my delicate, tumor riddled noggin.

I’m fine. In fact, I was ducky-ish right afterward apart from a little ache in the knees and being royally pissed that the good homeowners hadn’t bothered to clear their walks.

Nearly everyone around these parts shovels their patch of pavement. Even down here on the Neck where there’s more traffic from walkers, bikers and joggers than cars (so pedestrians and autos share the road quite amiably), the paths for us perambulating types are generally always cleared right down to that pavement.

Yeah, I know. Maybe the residents are old and can’t get out to do the work. Conceivably they’ve no family or friends around to see to their lawsuit-waiting-to-happen walkways. Perhaps they're unable to pay one of the local kids a few shekels to do it for them. Feasibly they’re just thoughtless dicks.

Dunno.

Bottom line -- I’m fine and Spring is almost here, we’ll be back in the 40s later this week and my trike ride yesterday (when the temperature rose to a near balmy 37ยบ) was fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment