Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

I'm a Travelin' Man


OK, I'm a travelin' woman.


Yup, Lynard Skynard's playing on the internal turntable this morning. Warum?

Jen and I have just made another our our whiz bang, wham bam thank you ma'am visits to Daddy in the always oddly intriguing Western Pennsylvanian small town where he lives.

SUCH a great visit. He looked and seemed better than ever. More energetic, healthy and engaged and I'm totes bloody exhausted now. Chat with him is a non-stop, speeding locomotive of Magritte-esque, Ornette Coleman-esque conversational riffs. We are two speed talking, free associating beasts and woe betide any poor souls who dare leap into the middle of our maelstrom of talk. There, be dragons.

So, now Jen will pour me onto the plane home. Home to The Amazing Bob, Coco, Rocco, Gaston, Gus, Red Sox action and the sea. Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment