Search This Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Peaceable Friday

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.”

“If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.”
-- John Lennon
 
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
-- Ghandi

“You cannot find peace by avoiding life.”
-- Virginia Woolf

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace”
-- Jimi Hendrix

“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”
-- Albert Einstein 

 “My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.”
-- Dave Barry

“How come we play war and not peace?"
"Too few role models.”
-- Bill Watterson 

“Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.”
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice.”
-- Baruch Spinoza

"I don't know whether war is an interlude during peace, or peace an interlude during war."
-- Georges Clemenceau

“There is always a certain peace in being what one is, in being that completely.”
-- Ugo Betti 

Peaceable Kingdom -- Patti Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment