Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Chasing Rabbits

I’m having one of those days where I really wish there was a magic pill, a la Jefferson Airplane’s  White Rabbit. One that’d make everyone and everything all better — healthy, reasonable, sane and wise.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead

And the white knight is talking backwards

And the red queen's off with her head

Remember what the door mouse said

Feed your head,

Feed your head
It’s a day to avoid reading the newspaper and my fav political blogs (Think Progress, Crooks and Liars, Panic in Funland and the always tremendous Charles Pierce at Esquire Mag’s blog). Overexposure to reality gives me a wicked case of Sad Brain Burnout. If not caught in time there's risk of me becoming a dismal, humorless (*GASP*) soul.

OK, OK....pigs will fly, republicans will grow hearts and logical minds before I become a dreary tragedian. Still, one must be mindful, careful not to overindulge in the hard news.

I believe a day in the studio, playing in the paint, followed by an evening of escape into a good fairy tale-ish book is in order.

You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.
~Jonathan Safran Foer

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
~Ernest Hemingway 

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
~J.R.R. Tolkein

I've got nothing to do today but smile.
~Paul Simon


No comments:

Post a Comment