Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2015

NOT Still Waiting

TAB's out of surgery. They were unable to put in any stents BUT the good docs feel they can manage his "dicky ticker" with meds. They also feel that the attack was most likely caused by insanely high blood pressue.

Where did the cloud dwelling BP come from? Em...likely it was the stress from the cancer diagnosis and beginning chemo.

Swear ta Bast, if our lives were a teleplay, no one would fucking believe it. The story line would read as some bad soap opera witten by stoned teenage Martians.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and we're still waiting.

Catheterization today or no? Dunno, dunno. TAB can't eat before surgery so he's had nothing so far and we still don't know if he'll see the inside of the OR this day or no. Doesn't the Geneva Convention say something about not being permitted your morning coffee and cookie? What? No?

The one thing I do know is that we're here for the duration. Just as well. If we went home and my hero had any sort of post-cath complication it'd be insane, risky and maybe impossible to get back here to Health Central.

I said it before and will say it again--this joint needs a bar. It could be in the basement next to the cafeteria. Honestly, this concept seems like a real money maker AND it would be a real solid mitzvah for those of us camped out here doing this upcoming Storm of the Century. I just heard that we may get up to three feet of wet, heavy, not-so-fluffy white stuff.

groan, whine, snivel, kvetch.
No, this image isn't related to the post--I just like it. K?

Lost my shape
Trying to act casual!
Can't stop
I might end up in the hospital
I'm changing my shape
I feel like an accident
They're back!
To explain their experience
Isn't it weird
Looks too obscure to me
Wasting away
And that was their policy
I'm ready to leave
I push the fact in front of me
Facts lost
Facts are never what they seem to be
~~~
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
etc.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the image––is that Waterhouse? Okay, I read the above as relatively good news. Does stress really do that to blood pressure? Gosh. He needs to eat, and you need a drink. Maybe there's a bar in the neighborhood that's open early? Not with the snow (?) Send someone, anyone, out for a beer. No, make that a martini. And take care! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* it's Waterhouse--not sure. There's a chance, if the staff can find us an ambulance (only emergency vehicles on the road today), we get to go home TODAY! I'm quite sure there's a hot toddy waiting for me there.

      Delete