Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2015

Autumn

I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.
~Nathaniel Hawthorne
OR the hospital.

All but one of my big surgeries have been in Autumn. You know, these are the big do-ups where the cutters crack open my skull, root around for stray leviathans and try to remove em without frying all my circuits.

This used to be my fav time of year. Yeah, I suppose it’s not hard to understand why that’s past tense. I don’t hate it now—honest. It’s just that fall is rife with uncomfortable anniversaries.

Last night I dreamed that my friend Holly offered me a gig at her pottery collective. I’d be doing all the kiln firings. Not a totally thrilling job BUT I’d be able to get all my own work cooked while on the job. Convenient as all hell. Still, I had to say no. Warum?

All the kilns are top loaders so there’s much bending over with precious and delicate work AND there's heavy kiln shelves to load in as well. Yeah, no can do. Even in my dream I remembered that I'm tippy as all hell. I may be an in shape triking fiend but this sort of work out just leads direct to Migraine City. Do not pass Go but DO collect ibuprofen and take a nap,

Bummer. Would've been cool.

And today I’m back at Mass Eye and Ear for more tests. Joy. Oh yeah and it's Monday. FUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment