Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mal de Tête-ville

I spent yesterday wrestling a Brobdingnagian headache. One that would've been vastly more appropriate for deserving types like Cheney, Trump and Darth Vader.

An aside: did you know that Rubio feels sorry for Vader?
“I used to hate Darth Vader. Now I kind of feel a little bit sorry for him because I know what he went through to get to that point,” Rubio said of the iconic “Star Wars” villain during a campaign stop at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire on Wednesday.
Oooookay.

In any case, I kept expecting the feral weasels—the ones waging a long series of pitched battles (to the death. of course) in my cranium—to, dunno...get tired? knock off for lunch? stop for a quick game of Crazy Eights? get bored and go play in traffic?

Did they?

Nope, the bastards hung in. I’d plans to meet Steve and Elaine at The Field at 4:30 but, at 2:00 realized that driving into Cambridge would’ve been a dicey little adventure (to say nothing of then having to find parking) and taking the Red Line seemed like a sure fire way to escalate the brain explosions to nuclear armageddon levels.

I imagine this is fresh news only to me but I’m not exactly at my social brilliance zenith when rockin’ a head full of brawling, rabid, vermin. Bagging was for the best. Still, I hated canceling. It’s been so damn long since we’ve last gotten together.

When did getting together with old friends become such a spectacularly acrobatic feat? Oh yeah, happened around the same time we all moved out of the ultra expensive city and into the far flung ‘burbs.

*sigh*

The good news is that I seem to have slept off the brain pain so, at least, I’ll get a nice ride in today.
Rubio also revealed that he had a toy version of the Death Star, the fictional base for the movie’s darker forces, and re-told a key moment in the series’ plot.
Ya know this is a huge tell, don’cha?

2 comments:

  1. Feral weasels and rabid vermin! I love how you put it...very sorry that you had to cancel and that Darth is Rubio's friend.

    ReplyDelete